Only This Time, They Are Arriving on the
Dinosaur Express Train!
Colorado Railroad Museum, May 28, 2022
GOLDEN, Colo…Railroad tracks will meet dinosaur tracks for a day of family fun at the Colorado Railroad Museum (CRRM) on May, 28, 2022 when the Dinosaur Express Train chugs into the museum’s station.
The world’s first dinosaur tracks were discovered at nearby Dinosaur Ridge and Golden is where the first T-Rex tracks were found, so it’s only fitting that two of every kid’s favorite things – dinosaurs and trains -be brought together for this fun festival.
– Rides on a train pulled by a coal-fired steam locomotive around the Museum’s half-mile circle of track, with the Dinosaur Express departing every half-hour from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
– A “Follow the Dinosaur Tracks Adventure,” where kids and families can follow large dino tracks around 15 acres of locomotives, rail car, cabooses and model trains.
– Dinosaur-themed activities hosted by the Dinosaur Ridge and the Morrison Natural History Museum.
– A dinosaur-themed LEGO Layout created by the Denver Lego Users Group. Kids will also have a chance to build their own dinosaur creations.
– Loveable “Mr. Bones” and the Museum’s own mascot “Spike, the Railroad Dog” will be on hand for photo opportunities.
– There will be food, drink and tasty treats available for purchase.
On Saturday, May 28, museum grounds will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. with Dinosaur Express Trains departing every half hour from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. All activities available from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. this day.
Regular Museum Admission is $10 adults, $8 seniors, $5 ages 2-17, Museum Members and under age 2 free.
Train Rides are an additional $4 adults and seniors, $2 ages 2-17, Museum Members and under age 2 ride free.
– This event is visual! Media can attend early on Saturday, May 28 for live casts. The steam locomotive will be fired up on Friday, May 27 for early shots.
To arrange filming, contact: Joy Meadows at firstname.lastname@example.org
# # # ALL ABOARD! # # #
COLORADO RAILROAD MUSEUM
Consistently ranked by Visit Denver as one of the top 10 attractions in the city, the Colorado Railroad Museum features the most comprehensive collection of railroad history in the state with more than 100 narrow- and standard-gauge steam and diesel locomotives, passenger cars, cabooses and freight cars. Located on a spectacular 15-acre site in Clear Creek Valley in Golden, CO, the museum has a half mile circle of operating track offering weekend train rides, along with a working roundhouse and turntable, railroad library, exhibition galleries, outdoor pavilion, and a huge indoor HO model railroad and outdoor G-scale garden railway. The Colorado Railroad Museum offers interactive family fun mixed with authentic Colorado railroad history.