The volunteers of the Colorado Railroad Museum are an important and dedicated group crucial to our operations, archives, educational programs and visitor experience. Volunteers play an important role in helping to tell Colorado’s narrow-gauge history and the impact of the railways on the development of our great centennial state. Whether it’s helping run our large fundraising events such as Day Out With Thomas and The Polar Express, working behind the scenes of a new exhibit, or inspiring school kids to explore railroad history, we have a variety of opportunities to use your special skills to bring the Colorado Railroad Museum to life.
One-Time Event Volunteers
The Colorado Railroad Museum depends on dozens of one-time event volunteers to sign up for events such as Day Out With Thomas and The Polar Express Train Ride. Volunteers can sign up for individual 5 hour shifts, or participate as a group.
- Must be at least 16 years of age (12-15 if accompanied by an adult)
- Interested in working with the public, children and families
- Willing to adhere to general volunteer safety standards and codes of conduct
Benefits of becoming a One-Time Volunteer at CRRM
- The opportunity to learn more about Colorado’s unique railroad history
- Meet and work with diverse groups of people
- Have fun
To Apply Fill out a One-Time Event Volunteer Application
Regular Active Volunteers
To keep the Colorado Railroad Museum steaming on, we are seeking out volunteers who would like to participate on a regular or long-term basis. These advanced positions involve additional interviews, training and schedule commitments.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Commit to 84 hours of volunteer service a year
- Adhere to general volunteer safety standards and codes of conduct
Benefits of becoming a regular Volunteer at CRRM
- A Hostler Membership Colorado Railroad Museum
- A monthly online volunteer newsletter, RailFriends
- Annual volunteer recognition events
- Gaining knowledge and expertise on Colorado’s Railroad history
- Meeting and working with a diverse group of people
To Apply Fill out an Adult Volunteer Application
To learn more about available volunteer positions please email the Museum Volunteer Coordinator or call 720 274-5145.
Current Volunteer Resources
• CRRM Cardinal Safety Rules for all Volunteers (2018)
• CRRM Safety Rules, 1.0 – May 6, 2018
• CRRM Consolidated Op, AB, MOW Rules, 1.0 May 6, 2018
• CRRM – Employee/Volunteer Timetable No. 3, May 6, 2018
• CRRM GO No 1-May 6, 2018
• CRRM GO No. 2, November 6-2018
• CRRM Monthly Hours of Service Record (Rev. 2019)