DAY OUT WITH THOMAS™ IS PULLING INTO THE COLORADO RAILROAD MUSEUM FOR A DREAM BIG! ADVENTURE THIS SEPTEMBER
(Golden, Colo.) — Peep! Peep! Thomas the Tank Engine is rolling into town for three weekends of BIG dreams and even BIGGER smiles. Join us at Day Out With Thomas™, where families can join the outdoor fun and Dream Big when the #1 Engine pulls into the Colorado Railroad Museum on the weekends of September 10-11, 17-18, and 24-25, 2022!
Day Out With Thomas™ offers families and friends the opportunity to hang out with one of The Biggest Friends of All, Thomas the Tank Engine! Every ticket includes an interactive train ride with a life-sized Thomas the Tank Engine. You’ll also enjoy access to hands-free activities including live entertainment, scavenger hunt, hay bale maze, stage shows, sing-a-longs and much more! This year, we are encouraging friends of all ages to Dream BIG! So, we created the Dream BIG! Corner, where kids can go for fun photo opps, games, bubbles, and more. We also created the Dream Pass for kids to track their journey at the Railway and pick up a special giveaway at the end of the day. But before kids leave, we’d love for them to say hello to Sir Topham Hatt, the Railway Controller from The Island of Sodor, and stop in the pop-up gift shop for exclusive Thomas swag. Spending a “Day Out With Thomas™” will remind kids to Dream BIG! and imagine how far they can go! Capacity will be limited, and advanced tickets are required.
WHO: Day Out With Thomas™
WHAT: Family Fun in an outdoor environment. Highlights include:
- Approximately 20-minute Train Ride led by a full-sized, talking Thomas the Tank Engine locomotive. This year’s train ride features an all-new interactive story where you’ll earn your official Travel Badge by helping Thomas.
- Admission to select portions of the Colorado Railroad Museum with outdoor offerings and activities included
- Hands-free activities and entertainment featuring:
○ Live Theatrical Entertainment including the Train Yard Challenge Gameshow, a Stilt-Walking Semaphore, circus performers, sing-alongs, storytelling and more in spacious outdoor stage settings
○ Hay Bale Maze offering plenty of room for kids to explore and play
○ Scavenger Hunt featuring family fun as you work together to find all of the answers and items—and collect a few special mementos to take home for more fun later.
○ Outdoor Scale Model Trains operating all day long on the Denver Garden Railway Society’s permanent on-site, landscaped G-gauge railroad
○ Push A Locomotive Around aboard a 120-year old “armstrong”railroad turntable
○ Special appearance by Sir Topham Hatt, Controller of the Railway
○ Photo Opportunities throughout the event, including with Thomas himself!
○ Step-On Access to selected historic railroad cars and locomotives
○ Antique Engine Display with farm tractors plus hit-and-miss engines
- Snap some photos and enjoy lawn games and bubble fun in the Dream BIG! Corner
- Dream Pass keepsake booklet for every child to track their journey at the event and collect a special prize at the exit
- Food, snacks, drinks and treats available on-site for purchase
- Gift shop on-site with exclusive Thomas & Friends™ products only available at Day Out With Thomas™ events
MASK REQUIREMENTS: Masks are not currently required, although they are encouraged and welcome. Should local circumstances change, ticketed guests will be notified of any requirements as soon as possible. Other safety measures in place for Day Out With Thomas™ include Limited capacity entry to the event, allowing for greater distancing of guests; Advanced tickets required, sold at www.DayOutWithThomas.com; Increased cleaning procedures throughout the event; and Adjusted experience offerings and layout. All event elements are hands-free or allow for sanitization before/after.
For more information about Day Out With Thomas™ at the Colorado Railroad Museum, visit our Day Out With Thomas FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) Page by Clicking Here.
WHEN: September 10-11, 17-18 & 24-25 (Saturdays & Sunday)
- Tickets include a train ride at a designated time selected at the point of purchase, plus admission to museum grounds and all activities for up to three hours. Purchase tickets online at www.dayoutwiththomas.com
WHERE: Colorado Railroad Museum, 17155 W. 44th Avenue, Golden, CO 80403
Tickets for this Day Out With Thomas™ event go on sale to the public beginning Tuesday, August 2, 2022. Ticket prices are $25 for ages 1 and up (service charges and fees may apply). Advanced tickets are required. Walk-up sales will not be available.
For more information about Thomas & Friends please visit www.thomasandfriends.com and/or www.facebook.com/thomasandfriends. For bonus material and exclusive content, please visit www.youtube.com/user/thomasandfriends.