- This event has passed.
The Dinosaur Express Train
May 28 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
GOLDEN, Colo…Railroad tracks will meet dinosaur tracks for a day of family fun at the Colorado Railroad Museum (CRRM) on May, 28, 2022 when the Dinosaur Express Train chugs into the museum’s station.
The world’s first dinosaur tracks were discovered at nearby Dinosaur Ridge and Golden is where the first T-Rex tracks were found, so it’s only fitting that two of every kid’s favorite things – dinosaurs and trains -be brought together for this fun festival.
– Rides on a train pulled by a coal-fired steam locomotive around the Museum’s half-mile circle of track, with the Dinosaur Express departing every half-hour from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
– A “Follow the Dinosaur Tracks Adventure,” where kids and families can follow large dino tracks around 15 acres of locomotives, rail car, cabooses and model trains.
– Dinosaur-themed activities hosted by the Dinosaur Ridge and the Morrison Natural History Museum.
– A dinosaur-themed LEGO Layout created by the Denver Lego Users Group. Kids will also have a chance to build their own dinosaur creations.
– Loveable “Mr. Bones” and the Museum’s own mascot “Spike, the Railroad Dog” will be on hand for photo opportunities.
– There will be food, drink and tasty treats available for purchase.
On Saturday, May 28, museum grounds will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. with Dinosaur Express Trains departing every half hour from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. All activities available from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. this day.
Regular Museum Admission is $10 adults, $8 seniors, $5 ages 2-17, Museum Members and under age 2 free.
Train Rides are an additional $4 adults and seniors, $2 ages 2-17, Museum Members and under age 2 ride free.