DAY OUT WITH THOMAS™ IS PULLING INTO THE COLORADO RAILROAD MUSEUM FOR AN OUTDOOR BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION THIS SEPTEMBER
(Golden, Colo.)— All aboard! Thomas the Tank Engine is pulling into town for his birthday celebration! Thomas & Friends™ is celebrating its 75th anniversary in Golden, where families can join the outdoor fun when the #1 Engine pulls into the Colorado Railroad Museum on the weekends of September 12-13, 19-20, and 26-27, 2020!
With enhanced health and safety protocols in place, this fun-filled event has been adjusted to meet local guidance and offers families the opportunity to hop on board an interactive train ride with a life-sized Thomas the Tank Engine, as well as enjoy access to hands-free activities including live entertainment, scavenger hunt, hay bale maze, stage shows, sing-a-longs and much more! Its full steam ahead to an unforgettable day with a host of train-related activities, Thomas’ birthday fun and a special appearance from Sir Topham Hatt, the Railway Controller from The Island of Sodor. Capacity will be limited and advanced tickets are required. Support your local heritage railroad museum at this outdoor family event that keeps history chugging.
Tickets for Day Out With Thomas events go on sale to the public beginning Tuesday, August 11 (August 4 for members – check your email for your discount code or call 303-279-4591 9am-5pm), and are available at www.dayoutwiththomas.com or by calling Ticketweb toll-free at 866-468-7630. Ticket prices are $23 for ages 2 and up (service charges and fees may apply). Advanced tickets are required. Walk-up sales will not be available. Member discount code expires end-of-day August 10, 2020.
For a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about the Day Out With Thomas event, please Click Here.
WHO: Thomas the Tank Engine
WHEN: September 12-13, 19-20, 26-27 (Saturdays-Sundays)
TIME: Tickets include a train ride at a designated time selected at the point of purchase, plus admission to museum and all activities for up to three hours
WHERE: COLORADO RAILROAD MUSEUM, 17155 W. 44th Avenue, Golden, CO 80403
WHAT: Family Fun in an Outdoor and Socially Distanced environment. Highlights include:
- Approximately 20-minute Train Ride led by a full-sized, talking Thomas the Tank Engine locomotive. With staggered seating allowing for safe distancing, this year’s train ride features an all-new interactive story where you’ll earn your official Travel Badge by helping Thomas.
- Admission to select portions of the Colorado Railroad Museum with outdoor offerings and activities included
- Hands-free activities and entertainment featuring:
- Live Theatrical Entertainment featuring juggling, magic show, acrobatics, sing-alongs, storytelling and more in spacious outdoor stage settings
- Hay Bale Maze offering plenty of room for kids to explore and play
- Scavenger Hunt featuring family fun as you work together to find all of the answers and items—and collect temporary tattoos, a party favor and coloring sheets to take home for more fun later.
- Outdoor Scale Model Trains operating all day long on the Denver Garden Railway Society’s permanent on-site, landscaped G-scale railroad
- Push a Locomotive Around aboard a 120-year old, “armstrong”-powered railroad turntable
- A special appearance by Sir Topham Hatt, Controller of the Railway
- Photo Opportunities throughout the event, including with Thomas himself!
- Step-On Access to selected historic railroad cars and locomotives
- Antique Engine Display with farm tractors plus hit-and-miss engines
- Food, snacks, drinks and treats available on-site for purchase
- Pop-up gift shop on-site with exclusive Thomas & Friends items only available at Day Out With Thomas
ENHANCED SAFETY MEASURES: The health and well-being of our guests and employees is our primary concern and we’ve made some changes to responsibly host Thomas’ birthday celebration while having just as much fun! The Colorado Railroad Museum follows current health guidelines and performs regular facility cleanings for everyone’s safety. Some of the measures in place for Day Out With Thomas include:
- Masks required for entry for guests ages 3 and up and must be worn while inside buildings, aboard trains, and anytime proper distance cannot be maintained.
- Limited capacity entry to the event, allowing for safe distances to be maintained throughout the event and aboard train ride.
- Staggered train ride seating between groups and sanitization before each train ride.
- Advanced tickets required, sold at DayOutWithThomas.com.
- Increased cleaning procedures throughout the event.
- Adjusted experience offerings and layout with physical distancing and sanitization in mind. All event elements will be either hands-free or allow for sanitization with limited-contact guest services.
- Added signage for distancing and handwashing
For more information about Thomas & Friends please visit www.thomasandfriends.com and/or www.facebook.com/thomasandfriends. For bonus material and exclusive content, please visit www.youtube.com/user/thomasandfriends.