15-acre railyard with over 100 locomotives is waiting for you to explore.
17155 W. 44th Avenue
Golden, CO 80403
9:00am – 5:00pm
Come Visit Us
As we head into the 2020 holiday season, the Colorado Railroad Museum will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday through Sunday (closed Mondays). We’ll be closed on major holidays and our hours will be different the day prior to each holiday, too (see listing below).
Outdoor exhibits will remain open (on inclement weather days we may close railcars that are typically open for touring). You’ll see lots of holiday decorations! NOTE: The Picnic Pavilion is NOT available during the months of November and December. Indoor exhibit areas remain open, but capacities are very limited due to COVID-19 precautions. Your group may be asked to wait to visit our Upper Gallery and Lower Gallery (including the HO model railroad) spaces.
Because THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride event takes place many evenings during the holiday season, the Museum will be closing promptly at 5 p.m. in November and December. Our small but mighty team of paid and volunteer staff members has to shift their focus to the evening’s activities so the show can go on! Our last admissions will be available at 4 p.m. Thank you for your understanding.
Saturday train rides are NOT available during the months of November and December (Saturday Train Rides resume in mid-January 2021). Our only train rides during November and December are part of THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride event, taking place selected dates (three performance times per evening) after regular Museum hours. Advance ticket purchase is required. More information and Tickets are available by CLICKING HERE.
SPECIAL 2020 HOLIDAY HOURS:
Wednesday, November 25 – We will be CLOSING EARLY the day before Thanksgiving (closing at 2 p.m., last admissions at 1 p.m.).
Thursday, November 26 THANKSGIVING – The Colorado Railroad Museum will be CLOSED.
Thursday, December 24 CHRISTMAS EVE – The Colorado Railroad Museum will be CLOSED.
Friday, December 25 CHRISTMAS DAY – The Colorado Railroad Museum will be CLOSED.
Thursday, December 31 NEW YEAR’s EVE – The Colorado Railroad Museum will be CLOSED.
Friday, January 1, 2021 NEW YEAR’S DAY – The Colorado Railroad Museum will be CLOSED.
We look forward to seeing you during the holidays, or in 2021 depending on your plans. All of us here at the Colorado Railroad Museum wish you Happy Holidays, and hope that you stay safe and well in the meantime!
• This magical, outdoor event is still happening—the Show is Still On. We are excited to be bringing this opportunity to all who truly Believe!
• We have been working with our local health officials since early summer to incorporate COVID-safe practices into the event.
• Our safety measures anticipated the possibility of additional restrictions (such as the new Level Red) being imposed. We are continuing to follow all appropriate public safety guidelines.
• Masks must be worn at all times during this event, by everyone ages 3 and older. There are no exceptions to this requirement, in order to ensure the safety of all guests, cast and crew.
• Only family members from the same household will be seated together in our heated, outdoor THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Pavilion.
• Please click here for a complete list of Frequently Asked Questions.