- This event has passed.
Day Out With Thomas – SOLD OUT!
An event every week that begins at 12:00 am on Saturday, repeating until September 27, 2021
An event every week that begins at 12:00 am on Sunday and Saturday, repeating until September 27, 2021
DAY OUT WITH THOMAS™ IS PULLING INTO THE COLORADO RAILROAD MUSEUM FOR A GIANT OUTDOOR PARTY THIS SEPTEMBER
(Golden, Colo.)— All aboard! Thomas the Tank Engine is pulling into town for a giant party! Join us at Day Out With Thomas™ for Trains, Games and Miles of Smiles, where families can join the outdoor fun when the #1 Engine pulls into the Colorado Railroad Museum on the weekends of September 11-12, 18-19, and 25-26, 2021!
This fun-filled event offers families the opportunity to hop on board an interactive train ride with a life-sized Thomas the Tank Engine. You’ll also enjoy access to hands-free activities including live entertainment, scavenger hunt, hay bale maze, stage shows, sing-a-longs and much more! It’s full steam ahead to an unforgettable day with a host of train-related activities, including a special appearance from Sir Topham Hatt, the Railway Controller from The Island of Sodor. Capacity is limited and advanced tickets are required. Support your local heritage railroad museum at this outdoor family event and keep history chugging.
Tickets for the Day Out With Thomas™ event are on-sale now! Tickets will be available at www.DayOutWithThomas.com or by calling TicketWeb toll-free at 866-468-7630). Ticket prices are $23 for ages 2 and up (service charges and fees may apply). Advanced tickets are required. Walk-up sales will not be available.
WHO: Thomas the Tank Engine
WHAT: Family Fun in an outdoor environment. Highlights include:
- Approximately 20-minute Train Ride led by a full-sized, talking Thomas the Tank Engine locomotive. This year’s train ride features an all-new interactive story where you’ll earn your official Travel Badge by helping Thomas.
- Admission to select portions of the Colorado Railroad Museum with outdoor offerings and activities included
- Hands-free activities and entertainment featuring:
- Live Theatrical Entertainment featuring juggling, magic show, acrobatics, sing-alongs, storytelling and more in spacious outdoor stage settings
- Hay Bale Maze offering plenty of room for kids to explore and play
- Scavenger Hunt featuring family fun as you work together to find all of the answers and items—and collect a few special mementos to take home for more fun later.
- Outdoor Scale Model Trains operating all day long on the Denver Garden Railway Society’s permanent on-site, landscaped G-gauge railroad
- A special appearance by Sir Topham Hatt, Controller of the Railway
- Photo Opportunities throughout the event, including with Thomas himself!
- Step-On Access to selected historic railroad cars and locomotives
- Antique Engine Display with farm tractors plus hit-and-miss engines
- Food, snacks, drinks and treats available on-site for purchase
- Gift shop on-site with exclusive Thomas & Friends™ items only available at Day Out With Thomas™.
MASK REQUIREMENTS: Masks are currently required to be worn by all guests ages 2 and over during your Train Ride with Thomas. This is a federal TSA requirement, and it applies regardless of whether guests are sitting in an open-air car or one that is enclosed with windows. Masks are only required aboard trains; throughout the balance of the Day Out With Thomas event grounds, masks are not required. Other safety measures in place for Day Out With Thomas™ include:
- Limited capacity entry to the event, allowing for greater distances to be maintained throughout the event.
- Advanced tickets required, sold at www.DayOutWithThomas.com.
- Increased cleaning procedures throughout the event.
- Adjusted experience offerings and layout. All event elements will be either hands-free or allow for sanitization with limited-contact guest services.
For more information about Thomas & Friends please visit www.thomasandfriends.com and/or www.facebook.com/thomasandfriends. For bonus material and exclusive content, please visit www.youtube.com/user/thomasandfriends.