Steampunk at the Station
May 12 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Our steam engines create the perfect backdrop for the popular genre of “science fiction meets the 19th century Industrial Age” found in music, clothing, art and lifestyle. With a nod to Steampunk icon, Tesla, we invite guests to arrive in their finest Steampunk attire and/or with their Steampunk gadget to enjoy a day full of entertainment, train rides, craft beer, vendors and more.
- The Museum will operate a rare “double-header” train pulled by two historic steam locomotives, Denver & Rio Grande Nos. 346 & 491.
- Enjoy buskers, entertainers, and educators throughout the site as well as local artists and merchants.
- Pose for professional photography and personalized steampunk portraits in front of over 100 historical artifacts.
- Enjoy a craft brew in our beer garden for the 21+ crowd and a number of food truck options for lunch.
- Watch the Denver HO Model RR and Denver Garden Railway Society operate throughout the day.
Admission: Museum members and Children under 2 are free, Children $5, Adults $15 and Seniors $10. Admission includes unlimited rides on our Steam Engine as well as entertainment throughout the grounds. We will be open to the public from 9AM-5PM with entertainment and events running 10AM-4PM.
Please note: Absolutely NO weapons permitted on Museum property. Violators will be asked to leave. The Colorado Railroad Museum is not liable for lost or damaged gadgets brought to our site.