- This event has passed.
Steampunk at the Station
Our steam engines create the perfect backdrop for the popular genre of “science fiction meets the 19th century Industrial Age” found in music, clothing, art and lifestyle. With a nod to Steampunk icon, Tesla, we invite guests to arrive in their finest Steampunk attire and/or with their Steampunk gadget to enjoy a day full of entertainment, train rides, craft beer, vendors and more.
- The Museum will operate a rare “double-header” train pulled by two historic steam locomotives, Denver & Rio Grande Nos. 346 & 491.
- Enjoy buskers, entertainers, and educators throughout the site as well as local artists and merchants.
- Pose for professional photography and personalized steampunk portraits in front of over 100 historical artifacts.
- Enjoy a craft brew in our beer garden for the 21+ crowd and a number of food truck options for lunch.
- Watch the Denver HO Model RR and Denver Garden Railway Society operate throughout the day.
Admission: Museum members and Children under 2 are free, Children $5, Adults $15 and Seniors $10. Admission includes unlimited rides on our Steam Engine as well as entertainment throughout the grounds. We will be open to the public from 9AM-5PM with entertainment and events running 10AM-4PM.
Please note: Absolutely NO weapons permitted on Museum property. Violators will be asked to leave. The Colorado Railroad Museum is not liable for lost or damaged gadgets brought to our site.