Steampunk at the Station
May 12 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Our steam engines create the perfect backdrop for the popular genre of “science fiction meets the 19th century Industrial Age” found in music, clothing, art and lifestyle. With a nod to Steampunk icon, Tesla, we invite guests to arrive in their finest Steampunk attire and/or with their Steampunk gadget to enjoy a day full of entertainment, train rides, craft beer, vendors and more.
- Take a ride behind historic Steam Locomotive No. 346 and time travel to booming industrial 1881 Colorado.
- Admire in awe at aerial entertinment from Salida Circus, Tesla themed science shows, balloon twisters, stilt walkers, and entertainers throughout the site.
- Augment your Steampunk collection with gifts and gadgets from local artists in Merchant Alley.
- Pose for professional photography and personalized steampunk portraits in front of over 100 historical artifacts.
- Enjoy a craft brew in our beer garden for the 21+ crowd and a number of food truck options for lunch.
- Watch the Denver HO Model Railroad Club and Denver Garden Railway Society operate throughout the day.
Steampunk Tea Party: Premium Ticketed Activity
Join Lady Elizabeth for a most delightful cream tea on board our UP Diner #4801 from 2:00PM to 4:00PM. A delicious repast of biscuits, marmalades and Devonshire cream set amongst beautiful Steampunk embellishments will not only inspire conversation but spark the imagination. Tea Dueling by the Denver Victorian Steampunk Society will transpire and characters both unique and sublime will entertain at this ticketed event. Your VIP Premium Tea Party ticket includes Special Event admission to Steampunk at the Station including unlimited train rides.
Special Event Admission: Museum members and Children under 2 are free, Children $5, Adults $15 and Seniors $10. Admission includes unlimited rides on our Steam Engine as well as entertainment throughout the grounds. We will be open to the public from 9AM-5PM with entertainment and events running 10AM-4PM.
Premium Tea Party Admission (includes Special Event Admission & Rides): Participant $35, Museum Member $30.
Premium Tea Party ticket reservations must be received by end-of-business Monday May 7, 2018. Please note, absolutely NO weapons permitted on Museum property. Violators will be asked to leave. The Colorado Railroad Museum is not liable for lost or damaged gadgets brought to our site.