Director's Storytime and Craft
10:00-11:00AM 3rd Tuesday Each Month
Young train enthusiasts meet to read stories with a decidedly railroad theme followed by a fun make and take home craft. Afterwards enjoy exploring the museum’s grounds and exhibits. The program is a collaboration between the Colorado Railroad Museum and the Golden Public Library. (Upper Gallery)
- March 21 – Buffalo Bill
- April 18 – Little Gray Mouse and the Train by Sara Asheron
- May 16 – Thomas Stories
- June 20 – The Little Red Caboose by Marian Potter
- July 18 – The Little Red Caboose That Ran Away by Currren Burchard
- August 15 – Here Comes the School Train by William Bunce
- September 19 – Iron Horses by Vera Kay
- October 17 – The Little Engine That Could by Watty Piper
- November 21 – The Little Toy Train
- December 19 – The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg
Fee: Free for members, $2 for each non-member in addition to regular admission.
Recommended ages 4-6 years old.
T is for Train Camp
Session 1 (Grades 1-3): July 24-28
Session 2 (Grades 4-5): July 31-August 4
Explore the story of Colorado through trains and the people who rode and worked on them – like hobos, immigrants and holiday travelers or conductors, brakeman and Harvey Girls.
Through on-site field trips explore the fun of model railroading and the importance of historic preservation.
Hands-on activities, storytelling, demonstrations and more introduce campers to a world that is disappearing.
$250.00 members, $275.00 non-members. Registration due at least 7 days before camp start.
- Submit your payment in the Online Depot General Store
- Complete and return the Camp Registration Form at least seven days prior to the start of your camp.
You may also mail, email or fax your registration forms with full payment to:
Attn: Summer Camps
Colorado Railroad Musem
PO Box 10
Golden, CO 80402