Celebrate your next big event in one of Colorado Railroad Museum’s vintage rail cars.
Reserve our standard-gauge wood caboose, located on the grounds of the Museum, for a “Train Theme” party that your child and friends will long remember. The Party Caboose has room for 15-20 children, electric lighting and can be heated in the winter.
The Party Caboose is available daily during three time blocks:
9:15am – 11:15am, 11:45am – 1:45pm, 2:15-4:15pm
An adjacent time block can be purchased for an additional $100.00. Party car rentals are not available during the Day out With Thomas event dates.
Reservations are required and can be made by calling the Museum at 303-279-4591.
- Admission to the Museum for 20 guests, children and adults, for the entire day. Admission is $5.00 per additional person (ages 2 and up).
- Exclusive usage in the party car of your choice during your reserved time block.
- Ten helium balloons for decorating the party car, including a large Thomas the Tank Engine Mylar balloon for the birthday person.
- Food and beverage is not available, but you are welcome to bring your own. However, no cooking is allowed using grills, crock-pots, hot plates, etc. NO alcohol is permitted on the Museum grounds.
- 6 themed party invitation sets to download and print Tahoe, Steam Engine, Goose, General Museum, Diesel Theme, Caboose Theme.
Party & Ride Rental $200.00 Package (only available on Ride the Rails Saturdays and Special Event Days).
Throughout the year the Museum hosts a number of special holiday events including the Bunny Express, Trick or Treat Train and Santa Claus Special. The red caboose and Tahoe Dining Car are available for party rental during these Special Events and Ride the Rails Saturdays.
Your Party & Ride Rental Package includes the all of the same benefits of the Standard Rental Package as well as unlimited train rides and access to all of the available special event activities. Check our schedule for upcoming events and call the Museum for times and availability.
Train Ride Discounts for Party Guests
The Museum offers train rides on Galloping Goose No. 7, or on a historic piece of equipment pulled by an operating locomotive on select FREE Admission Fridays and Saturdays, weather permitting.
If your Standard Party Rental is scheduled on one of these “FREE Admission” Fridays or Saturdays, your guests will receive $1.00 off when purchasing train ride tickets, just mention the party at the ticket counter before completing the transaction. Tickets are regularly $4 for adults and $2 for kids. This discount does not apply on Ride the Rails Saturdays, Special Events or Themed Event dates.