The Colorado Railroad Museum presents The Polar Express November 21, 2014 thru December 28, 2014.
Audition Notice – Polar Express
July 12, 2014, 10am-4pm at the Colorado Railroad Museum, 17155 W. 44th Avenue, Golden, CO 80403
For information and appointments call: Rick Bernstein, Director, 303-674-6564 or email Rick at firstname.lastname@example.org
PERFORMANCES: Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and some weeknights, beginning November 21 and closing December 28, 2014. We will take Thanksgiving and Christmas off. Shifts begin at 4:00pm and conclude at 9:30pm. Each participant will be given two invitations to our Preview/Media Nights on November 18 & 19, 2014. On either of those two nights you are welcome to invite two guests to share in the Polar Express Experience (an $80.00 value).
For all the young stars looking to have a once in a lifetime theatrical experience…ON LOCATION!
This is Environmental Theater at its very core. With the Colorado Railroad Museum as our background and their 1880’s Steam Locomotive Engine pulling vintage railcars around the Museum grounds, you will be part of a historic event. Join us as we bring this magical tale to life, a Holiday Gift that will last a lifetime.
We will be casting 24-30 roles for Chris VanAllsburg’s classic tale…”The Polar Express.”
This Warner Brothers produced movie, which starred Tom Hanks, has become a Holiday favorite. This Holiday you can help create the magic at the Colorado Railroad Museum in Golden, CO. Over 10,000 visitors are expected to experience this fantastic production. Don’t miss your opportunity to be the first to perform in Denver’s premiere of “The Polar Express.”
This is an ensemble cast and it is a volunteer position with the exception of a few roles as designated below. The rehearsal commitment is moderate, the performance commitment is significant.
If you are interested please send your electronic head shot and resume to the producing company, FEHU Productions, Inc. The email address is: email@example.com. Auditions will be held July 12, 2014 at the Colorado Railroad Museum from 10:00am until 4:00pm.
Characters we are auditioning for are as follows:
- Conductor (early 20’s to mid 30’s). This position will serve as ticket taker and shift supervisor. This position does pay.
- Santa (4 Santa performers per night, suits provided). Santa performers are welcome to suggest their children perform as an elf on their designated nights.
- Elves (6-8 performers per night, 8-12 year olds).
- Ensemble (12 performers in the ensemble, teens to late 20’s). We will have 12 ensemble members for each night. These positions require a performer with good range. These performers will also have singing responsibilities . Good movement and dance skills needed. Ensemble members will have the opportunity to play multiple roles. Characters the ensemble will perform include:
- Ticket Takers
- Hobo (featured)
- Carolers (4-6, nust be able to sing)
- Young Boy (featured).
There will be a schedule established so actors will not be required to work every night. However, missing a scheduled shift without prior approval is grounds for immediate dismissal.