Thrilling Thursdays & Train Rides
An event every week that begins at 12:00 am on Thursday, repeating until August 16, 2020
Join us for Thrilling Thursdays 10 a.m. – 2 p.m!
Included with regular admission.
Each Thursday features special guests and demonstrations. A new Pop-Up Exhibit will explore our weekly theme, and kids can search for our mascot, Spike! Topics explored include the nuts and bolts of how trains work, to more imaginative themes like “Railroad Photography” and “Working on the Railroad.” Bring your kids, grandkids and friends to enjoy the story of railroads!
CLICK HERE ORDER TICKETS ONLINE
Admission: $10 adults, $5 ages 2-17, $8 seniors ages 60+. Free for members, children under age 2 and active-duty military*.
Train Rides: $4 adults, $2 ages 2-17. Free for members & children under age 2.
Grounds open 9 a.m. – 5 p. m., rides operate every 30 minutes 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. (crews take a lunch break at 12:30 p.m.).
Know Before You Go: Masks are currently required to gain entry to the Museum. We recommend purchase of admission and train ride tickets in advance, as our overall Museum and Train Ride capacities have been reduced for the time being. Although regular Museum Admission and Train Rides are free for Museum Members, we suggest advance reservations regardless. Click Here for Advance Admission and Train Ride Ticketing.
Upcoming Thrilling Thursday Programs:
- July 2: War of the Gauges – Guests: Museum of Dolls, Toys & Miniatures, reenactor – Hobo Rob, Model RRs
- July 9: Working on the Railroad – Guests: Forney Museum, Model RRs and more
- July 16: Riding the Rails: reenactor – Hobo Rob, Model RRs, LEGOs builder and more
- July 23: Moving the Message: Forney Museum, Model RRs and more
- July 30: Locomotion & Leverage: reenactor – Robert Louis Stevenson, Model RRs, LEGO builders
- August 6: (Program TO Be Announced)
- August 13: (Program TO Be Announced)