- This event has passed.
Story Time & Craft
January 17 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
An event every month that begins at 10:00 am on day Third of the month, repeating until January 1, 2023
The Third Tuesday Each Month
Join the staff and volunteers of the Colorado Railroad Museum as they share some of their favorite children’s stories (with a decidedly railroad theme) followed by a fun “make-and-take” craft!
Recommended ages 4-6 years old. Included with general admission.
• Mar 15 – The Little Red Caboose by Marian Potter
• Apr 19 – From a Railway Carriage by Robert Louis Stevenson
• May 17 – The Little Engine that Could by Watty Piper
• June 14 – Dinosaur Train by John Steven Gurney
• July 19 – The Little Train by Lois Lenski
• Aug 16 –Train Song by Diane Siebert
• Sep 20 – There is a Crack in the Track (a Thomas the Tank Engine story)
• Oct 18 – All Aboard the Spooky Express by Eric James
• Nov 15 – Iron Horses by Verla Kay
• Dec 18 – The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg
CLICK HERE ORDER GENERAL ADMISSION ONLINE
General Admission: $10 adults, $5 ages 2-17, $8 seniors ages 60+. Free for Museum members and children under age 2. Grounds open 9 a.m. – 5 p. m.
Know Before You Go: Masks are currently recommended inside Museum buildings and required on-board train rides. We recommend purchase of admission and train ride tickets in advance, as our overall Museum and Train Ride capacities have been reduced for the time being. Although regular Museum Admission and Train Rides are free for Museum Members, we suggest advance reservations regardless.
Story Time and Craft is also available online! Check out our awesome playlist of train themed children’s stories on our YouTube channel by clicking here! A new story is added the third Wednesday each month!